Brooklyn, New York born Author Ayana Ellis released her first published work in 2007 in the popular urban series Girls From The Hood, pt 4 in a short story titled “The Last Woman Standing.”
Garnering the attention of literary giants, she was signed to her first 2 book deal, releasing Love Changes and the critically acclaimed “Full Circle,” a story based on her life as a young woman in an abusive relationship, growing up in Bushwick Brooklyn.
Soon after, she created her site Byayanaellis.com and her raw but witty writing style caught the attention of Tiffany Chiles, Editor-In-Chief of the Original Street Bible, Don Diva Magazine. She was hired as the popular Diva Corner columnist for the magazine, but it wasn’t long before Don Diva promoted her to Deputy Editor of the long running magazine from 2011-2015.
In addition, Ayana Ellis started Purpose Publishing where she released her last 3 books, King Me, King and I and self-help book, Don’t Be A Dumb Bitch, in 2015 as well as the soon to be released “The Book Of Yaya 12:77,“ a book of inspirational quotes and passages focused on success, love (or lack there of), spirituality, relationships and over-all perseverance that is sure to inspire anyone who reads it.
But it doesn’t stop there!
In between writing books, Ayana has also filmed two TV show pilots titled Quiet On The Set, a comedic film review show, with guests such as Michael Blackson, NORE (Drink Champs) and Cisco (Love and Hip Hop LA) and another TV pilot titled Set Life LA, a “film workshop experience” that allows seasoned guests to engage with an audience of future cinematography talent, teaching them the major keys of the film business through improv. The show has been co-hosted by guests such as Keith Robinson (Tupac’s All Eyes On Me, Dream Girls), Marc John Jeffries (Power, Losing Isaiah) and countless others.
In addition to writing and filming, Ayana Ellis has also interviewed several celebrities such as:
- Vikki S. Ziegler Payne, Esq.; Lawyer, Author, and correspondent for HLN/CNN, Fox News and Fox Business Channel weekly. She has been on CNBC, MSNBC, Fox 5, TAlk Soup on E!, WPIX, CBS, ESPN and many other networks. She was featured in a Documentary for HBO called “BROKE” featuring her commentary on athletes and divorce. She has contributed to top publication such as People Magazine, Ok!, US Weekly, Life and Styles and most recently is the Host of Bravo’s hit show “Untying the Knot” (article)
- Rap artists; Fred the Godson
- TV Personality of VH1’s Gossip Game and 50 Cents radio show “This Is 50” “Gossip Viv”
- Karen Gravano
- Author/Activist, Vibe Magazine Contributing Writer Nova Giovanni
- BET’s American Gangsters’ Chaz Williams; and countless others.
BOOKS BY AYANA ELLIS: http://amazon.com/author/ayanaellis